STORE TEAM LEADER GENERAL SUMMARY:
Responsible for the management of all employees in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes, including ordering, receiving, stocking, creative merchandising, presentation, selling, staffing and superior customer support. Responsible for creating a customer first store culture through exceptional store standards and team engagement.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service leadership to exceed the customer’s expectations
- Models and coaches the team on how to balance tasks with customer service to create and support a customer-centric culture.
- Evaluates and incorporates customer feedback into employee training and coaching to ensure the store is meeting ongoing customer expectations.
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the customer experience and provide employee development.
- Facilitate and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers and employees.
- In partnership with HR, recruit, select and retain qualified employees according to federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is properly staffed at all times.
- Responsible for proper training, development, and the performance management of store employees to include identifying gaps, succession planning, and/or counseling up to and including termination.
- Communicate store performance and safety expectations regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety, security and policies.
- Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively opened and closed each day. (Personally open the store a minimum of two times per week; personally close the store a minimum of two times per week.)
- Evaluate operating statements to identify financial trends (including sales, profitability, and inventory turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and identify opportunities for improvement in store performance.
- Oversee the inventory ordering process to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis; follow up on Basic Stock Replenishment (BSR)/cycle counts.
- Facilitates merchandising the store in a manner that is appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at popshelf.
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines, rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive sales.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Responsible for facilitating store team’s understanding and knowledge of store products so they can engage customers and provide a differentiated, easy, and fun shopping experience.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications; ensure employee compliance.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.